Microsampling PK/TK Studies
A cost-effective method of generating early PK data that minimises animal and compound use.
- Screening PK studies in mice or rats use a serial sampling procedure coupled with a proprietary bioanalytical technique that allows multiple samples to be taken from the same animal
- Critically, because there are typically only three animals per group, relatively little test compound is needed
- Inter-animal variability is not an issue as multiple samples are taken from the same animal
- This technique minimises animal use – of particular importance when using transgenic animals
- The microsampling technique can also be used at CXR when taking toxicokinetic (TK) samples in toxicology studies